Medical University – Pleven (Bulgarian: Медицински университет — Плевен, Meditsinski universitet — Pleven) is one of the four medical universities in Bulgaria. It is the only university in Pleven and was founded in 1974 on the basis of the former regional hospital established in 1865.
The university unifies a large modern preclinical base, a hospital with specialised clinics, and research sections. It has two faculties, the Faculty of Medicine covering the subjects of medicine and rehabilitation and occupational therapy, and the Faculty of Public Health covering health care, as well as a college. There are also two hostels with a total of 315 beds in two- and three-bed rooms.
In 1997 the university added an English language Medicine programme designed for international students. This was the first English language medicine programme in Bulgaria. As of the 2000s, Medical University Pleven has had 4081 Bulgarian and 582 foreign students from 45 countries, and has about 750 new students every year